This holiday season, your donation can help RMHC provide love and support to families like Jazzy’s as they deal with serious childhood illnesses. Give now so that kids can be kids and families can be together, during the holidays and all year long. Thank you for your generous support!
In February of 2019, two-year-old Jazalyn (Jazzy) Moses was diagnosed with neuroblastoma. Early in her long treatment journey, Jazzy, her dad, Josh, her mom, Autumn, and her brother, Shane, found a home away from home at the Albany Ronald McDonald House.
“This place has really changed our lives in such amazing ways,” Josh says. “They welcomed us with open arms and we’ve never looked back.”
For nearly four years, RMHC of the Capital Region has been able to support the Moses Family through each of our core programs, offering them long-term housing at the Ronald McDonald House, comfort and sustenance from the Ronald McDonald Family Room, and time away together at the Ronald McDonald Family Retreat at Krantz Cottage.
Reflecting on their time at the Family Retreat, Autumn shared how special it was to be there as a family. “It felt normal. We didn’t have to think about Jazzy’s sickness or the hospital. We just got to be together.” For her part, Jazzy added that it was FUN!
We celebrated Jazzy’s 6th birthday at the Ronald McDonald House this year, with a party fit for a princess! “It really does something to your heart to see how much people care,” Josh says. “It’s awesome to have this support, to be together as a family, and to have our kids be able to be kids, even while we’re going through such a traumatic time.”
Other Ways to Give
- Donate by mail: Send checks made payable to RMHC of the Capital Region, 139 S. Lake Avenue, Albany, NY 12208
- Donate by phone: Call (518) 438-2655 during regular business hours
- Donate cryptocurrency: Click here to donate with Bitcoin, Ethereum, or USD Coin
- Purchase needed items: Download our current wish list, or order and ship needed items directly from Amazon
- Shop with Amazon Smile: Select Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Capital Region as your charity of choice and a percentage of your purchases will be donated back to us
- Give stocks and other tax-smart gifts: Learn about the benefits of supporting RMHC of the Capital Region with a gift of stocks, bonds or other marketable securities, through a donor advised fund, or with a charitable rollover from your IRA
- Donate a vehicle: Visit Charitable Adult Rides & Services (CARS) to learn how your unwanted car, motorcycle, RV, and trailer can help support families with sick children. Donations are a fast, easy and tax-deductible way to improve lives.
- Make a recurring gift: Contact our Donor Relations Coordinator at (518) 438-2655 to learn more about starting, changing or canceling a donation that recurs automatically
- Learn about custom giving opportunities: Contact Sue Nigra, Major Gift Officer, at (518) 438-2655 or email email@example.com