Be a part of our Ronald McDonald House Meal Program
The Albany Ronald McDonald House provides a home away from home for families with children receiving critical care at nearby hospitals. Fresh, hot meals provided by caring community members bring comfort and hope to these families when they need it most.
Our Meal Program guidelines are designed to protect the health and safety of our guests and ensure a positive experience for all volunteers and support. There are several ways you can help ensure that love is served:
Prepare a Meal
Gather a group of 2-4 volunteers to cook dinner (serving 30-40 guests) at the Ronald McDonald House. Please see below for additional guidelines.
To sign up a volunteer meal group, please contact Julia Geisel, House Manager, at (518) 438-2655 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsor a Meal
Order directly from the restaurant of your choice for delivery to the Ronald McDonald House, or make a financial donation to cover the cost of one night’s meals (~$250).
To reserve a specific night for your sponsored meal, please contact Julia Geisel, House Manager, at (518) 438-2655 or email email@example.com.
Provide Gift Cards
Host a drive to collect restaurant gift cards that can be used to purchase meals for guests of the Albany Ronald McDonald House.
Please deliver gift cards (by mail or in person) to Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Capital Region, 139 S. Lake Avenue, Albany, NY 12208.
Meal Sponsor Donation Form
Please use this form to make a secure donation supporting the Albany Ronald McDonald House Meal Program. The suggested gift amount to cover one night of meals at this time is $250. Actual costs may vary. To sponsor a specific night’s meal and confirm exact costs, please contact Julia Geisel at (518) 438-2655. Thank you for your generosity.
Thank you for your interest in supporting the Albany Ronald McDonald House Meal Program – Love is Served. Your support will help ensure that our guest families have safe, fresh, worry-free meals waiting for them every night, after long days spent by their child’s side at the hospital. Please review the guidelines posted here as you consider how you can help.
- All food must be prepared and cooked on-site unless it comes directly from a restaurant, grocer or bakery.
- You will be responsible for supplying all of the food/ingredients needed for your meal. Our kitchen is fully-equipped with cookware, utensils, serving dishes and supplies for you to use.
- Meals should serve 30-40 people and should consist of a main dish and at least 2 sides (including a protein, carbohydrate and fruit/vegetable). Beverages and dessert are optional.
- At this time, we welcome fully vaccinated volunteers to cook on-site at the Albany Ronald McDonald House on a limited basis.
- In-House meal preparation is currently limited to adult volunteers (18+) in groups of no more than four (4) people at a time.
- Please do NOT visit the Ronald McDonald House or handle any food items — even if only to drop them off — if you may have been exposed to COVID-19 or have experienced a fever, cough, cold or other viral symptoms in the last 14 days.
- In-House volunteers must maintain appropriate social distancing, wear masks, wash hands frequently and use gloves to handle food. Masks and gloves will be provided if needed.
If you are ready to sign up as a Love is Served volunteer, please contact Julia Geisel, House Manager, at (518) 438-2655 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For a printable summary of the information on this page, please download our Love is Served flyer.