Ronald McDonald Family Retreat at Krantz Cottage
The Ronald McDonald Family Retreat at Krantz Cottage provides a peaceful and supportive setting where families experiencing serious childhood illness can enjoy being together, making lasting memories. Located in the village of Lake George, the two-story cottage houses an apartment on each floor. The year-round retreat sits steps away from village attractions, and minutes from the beach.
Guest families are provided with a five-day, four-night accommodation – absolutely free of charge. To put families at ease during their stay, a Family Support Specialist is available locally to offer any necessary assistance. The Family Support Specialist also provides concierge-type services, connecting families to donated or underwritten activities and experiences. From freshly baked treats to special outings at local restaurants and entertainment venues, the Family Retreat offers a unique opportunity for families to regain their strength while fighting an illness, or to begin to restore their spirits after suffering a devastating loss.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR 2023! Families wishing to be considered for a stay at the Ronald McDonald Family Retreat are asked to please complete an application for review by our intake committee.
Inside the Ronald McDonald Family Retreat
Every detail of the Ronald McDonald Family Retreat has been lovingly designed to create a magical and memorable experience for our guests.
The first floor unit of the Family Retreat offers two bedrooms, each furnished with a king and a twin bed, two bathrooms (one handicap-accessible), a modern kitchen, dining room, and comfortable living room space. The second floor unit offers a bedroom, bathroom, den, kitchen and living room, along with a beautiful deck for outdoor dining.
Learn more about the making of the Ronald McDonald Family Retreat, and see what our first few guest families have had to say about their experience!
- Guests of the Ronald McDonald Family Retreat have access to free WiFi, cable TV, Netflix, and other streaming services.
- Bed linens and towels are provided.
- Cottage has heating and air-conditioning.
- Kitchens come fully equipped with refrigerator, stove, microwave, cookware, bakeware, utensils, dishes, and pantry staples.
- Children will find many sources of entertainment available, including books, board games, and an electronic gaming table made possible thanks to our friends at National Grid.
- An on-site washer and dryer are available in each unit.
- Off-street parking is available.
- First-floor patio includes a picnic table and gas grill.
History of Krantz Cottage
The Ronald McDonald Family Retreat was the former law office of Howard Krantz, who served as the attorney for the Village of Lake George from 1996 to 2013. After Howard passed away in 2015, the cottage was reimagined as a vacation home for Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Capital Region. The Krantz family, Mayor Robert Blais, and the entire Lake George community came together to make the project a reality, and they continue to offer generous support to our beloved guest families.