Love is Served
Support our Ronald McDonald House Meal Program during COVID-19
The Albany Ronald McDonald House provides a home away from home for families with children receiving critical care at nearby hospitals. Fresh, hot meals provided by caring community members bring comfort and hope to these families when they need it most.
In light of the ongoing pandemic, we’ve updated our Meal Program guidelines to minimize exposure risks for our guests. There are several ways you can help ensure that love is served safely during this time:
Sponsor a Meal
Order directly from the restaurant of your choice for delivery to the Ronald McDonald House, or make a financial donation to cover the cost of one night’s meals (~$250).
To reserve a specific night for your sponsored meal, please contact Julia Geisel, House Manager, at (518) 438-2655 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Provide Gift Cards
Host a drive to collect restaurant gift cards that can be used to purchase meals for guests of the Albany Ronald McDonald House. We welcome gift cards in any amount from these preferred restaurants: 99 Restaurant, Cardona’s Market, Chipotle, Domino’s, Panera Bread, Pepper Jack’s, Subway, TJ’s Cafe
Please deliver gift cards (by mail or in person) to Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Capital Region, 139 S. Lake Avenue, Albany, NY 12208.
Become a Meal Partner
Commit to sponsor or prepare a meal at the Albany Ronald McDonald House on a regular basis (at least once a month for a minimum of six months). Please see below for additional guidelines.
To sign up as a committed meal partner, please contact Julia Geisel, House Manager, at (518) 438-2655 or email email@example.com.
Meal Sponsor Donation Form
Please use this form to make a secure donation supporting the Albany Ronald McDonald House Meal Program. The suggested gift amount to cover one night of meals at this time is $250. Actual costs may vary. To sponsor a specific night’s meal and confirm exact costs, please contact Julia Geisel at (518) 438-2655. Thank you for your generosity.
Thank you for your interest in supporting the Albany Ronald McDonald House Meal Program during the COVID-19 pandemic. Your support will help ensure that our guest families have safe, fresh, worry-free meals waiting for them every night, after long days spent by their child’s side at the hospital. Please review the guidelines posted here as you consider how you can help.
- All food must be prepared and cooked on-site unless it comes directly from a restaurant, grocer or bakery.
- You will be responsible for supplying all of the food/ingredients needed for your meal. Our kitchen is fully-equipped with cookware, utensils, serving dishes and supplies for you to use.
- Meals should serve 20-30 people and should consist of a main dish and at least 1-2 sides (including a protein, carbohydrate and fruit/vegetable). Beverages and dessert are optional.
- At this time, only meal partners who have signed up to prepare meals at least once a month for a minimum of six months will be permitted to cook on-site at the Albany Ronald McDonald House.
- In-House meal preparation is currently limited to adult volunteers (18+) in regular groups of no more than four (4) people at a time. Groups must consist of the same individuals each time they come.
- Please do NOT visit the Ronald McDonald House or handle any food items — even if only to drop them off — if you may have been exposed to COVID-19 or have experienced a fever, cough, cold or other viral symptoms in the last 14 days.
- In-House volunteers must maintain appropriate social distancing, wear masks, wash hands frequently and use gloves to handle food. Masks and gloves will be provided if needed.