Covid-19: Our Resolve
In the face of the risks and uncertainties posed by the coronavirus pandemic, RMHC-CR remains committed to fulfilling our mission of providing services for families and children affected by serious illness or injury. At the same time, RMHC-CR has a responsibility to ensure the health and safety of all guest families, visitors, volunteers, and employees to the extent that we are able.
RMHC-CR has established guidelines and implemented several measures designed to minimize the inherent risks associated with Covid-19 to all those served by or affiliated with our programs. The following protocols, which are effective immediately, have been adopted in consultation with the Albany Medical Center (AMC) Infectious Disease Prevention Team, the NYS Department of Health (DOH), and RMHC Global, informed by authorities from the World Health Organization (WHO), and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
- Guest families, including all immediate family members, are welcome at Ronald McDonald House. All family members will be carefully screened for current health status and recent international travel and are expected to observe all recommended hygiene practices.
- Extended family members, friends, volunteers, and the general public are not permitted to visit the Ronald McDonald House (RMH) at this time.
- All volunteer services, including meal preparation, are suspended. Meal partners and other volunteers are encouraged, however, to explore alternative means of supporting our families in ways that do not require their physical presence at RMH.
- Meal service will continue to be provided for guest families either through meals procured from commercial establishments or prepared by RMHC-CR board members and employees.
- Anyone experiencing symptoms, including fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other flu-like symptoms, should immediately call a health professional for guidance and must remain away from Ronald McDonald House until cleared by health professionals as no longer posing a risk for disease transmission.
- Deliveries, including food, supplies, donated goods, and mail, will be accepted provided they are left outside the entrance(s) to RMH (when practical). A staff member should be notified of the delivery.
- The Ronald McDonald Family Room, located within the Bernard and Millie Duker Children’s Hospital at AMC, will remain open with limited hours of operation, Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. Staffing will be provided solely by RMHC-CR employees.
- Ronald McDonald Care Mobile services are suspended.
- All gatherings, including and not limited to those associated with Read for RMHC, fundraising events, and meetings, are suspended unless conducted via telephonic or electronic means.
- All meetings of committees and of the Board of Directors will take place using telecommunications and/or web-conferencing.
- Employees who are capable of fulfilling their responsibilities from home are encouraged to do so.
We ask for your cooperation in observing these policies, which will remain in effect until at least Sunday, April 12, 2020. We will re-evaluate these protocols on or before Friday, March 27 and as recommended by local and national health professionals and Global RMHC.
We look forward to the resolution of the coronavirus pandemic and the restoration of health to all those affected. In the meantime, should you have any questions about these policies or how you can support RMHC-CR at this difficult time, please contact us at (518) 438-2655.